How To Get Alexa To Play A Specific Song?
- Philip Martin
How can one tell Alexa to play particular songs? – Use the voice command to have Alexa play a certain song from your music library. Tell Alexa to play Yesterday by The Beatles. Say it out loud. The title of the song and the name of the artist should be included in your request.
How do I play music on Alexa?
Article Downloading Available Article Downloading Available This wikiHow will show you how to use major music streaming services like Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others with Alexa so that you can play music using Alexa. When you’ve finished linking your music accounts, you can choose which one will serve as your preferred music provider and then start playing music on your Alexa-enabled device by giving voice commands. 1 Launch the Amazon Alexa app. Launch the mobile Alexa app on your device running Android or iOS and login in to your Amazon account to get started. It is the app that is a pale blue color and has a speech bubble outlined in white. Verify that you are currently logged in to the identical Amazon account that was used to register your Alexa device.
- 2 Tap ☰, It is the icon that looks like three lines and is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. When you do this, a menu will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Advertisement
- 3 Tap Music, Video, & Books, It is the first item in the menu that can be found just beneath the name of your account at the very top.
- 4 Choose the music streaming provider to which you wish to link. It may be found on the page under the heading “Music.” If you wish to link your Alexa device to any of the following music services, tap the service you want to use:
- Amazon Music
5 Please link your account by tapping here now. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your account, which will often only need you to sign into your account for the music streaming service that you subscribe to. Advertisement
- 1 Tap the arrow button in the Alexa app. It is located in the top left hand corner of the display.
- 2 Tap Settings, It is the choice that is directly above the one that is directly below it at the very bottom of the screen.
- 3 Tap Music & Media, Within the “Alexa Preferences” section, it may be found as the initial choice.
- 4 Select Your Preferred Music Service from the Drop-Down Menu. It is the button in blue that is located at the very bottom of the page.
- 5 Select a music library to use as the default. You can make a streaming service the default if you want to be able to utilize voice commands without having to specify which service to use.
The services that have already been set up are your sole accessible choice among the various possibilities. 6 Select a station service to use as the default. You may utilize voice commands without having to specify the station (radio) service you wish to use by selecting the station (radio) service that you want to be the default, such as Pandora or iHeartRADIO. 1 Say “Alexa”, Use the wake command to bring Alexa back to life, and she will immediately begin waiting for your next instruction. If you have changed the wake command from the default of “Alexa” to “Echo,” “Amazon,” or another command, then you should utilize the wake command that you previously specified.2 Request any artist, song, album, or genre from Alexa and she will play it for you.
- You could, for instance, tell Alexa to play Incense and Peppermints by the Strawberry Alarm Clock on Spotify or to play 60s music on Amazon by saying something like, “Alexa, play 60s music.”
- Simply mentioning the name of an artist will cause music produced by that artist to be randomly played for you to listen to.
3 Alexa may be used to control playback functions. Voice commands can also be used as playback controls, much like they can be used to control playing on a stereo or a music app on a mobile device.
- You are able to tell Alexa to pause, resume, or stop by saying “Alexa, pause,” “Alexa, resume,” or “Alexa, stop.”
- You can skip a song or go back to the music that came before it: You have the option of telling Alexa to “skip” a song or track, to “next song/track,” or to “previous song/track.”
- You may tell Alexa to adjust the volume by saying “Alexa, volume up/down” or simply “Alexa, volume.”
4 Inquire about the name of the music that’s playing right now.
- “Alexa, can you tell me the name of this song?”
- “Alexa, can you tell me the name of this album?”
- “Alexa, what band is performing this song?”
- “Alexa, can you tell me the year that this music was released?”
5 In order to locate new music or music you’ve heard previously, you may use commands to assist you search.
- “Alexa, play songs that are currently popular in Chicago.”
- “Alexa, play songs that are currently popular in France.”
- “Alexa, play more music like this,” I told her.
- “Alexa, play songs that sound like they were made by Portugal the Man.”
- “Alexa, please play some songs by the Beatles that I haven’t heard in a while.”
- “Alexa, play the music that I had playing on Wednesday,” the user requests.
- “Alexa, play the song that I was listening to the morning before yesterday.”
Advertisement Put It Into Words! Still available, 200 characters Include your your address to receive a notification when a response is made to this query. Submit Advertisement
If you are a member of Amazon Prime, you will have access to Prime Music. As long as you have used your Prime account to set up your Alexa device, you will not need to perform any further setup in order to ask Alexa to play any song, artist, or genre that is included in the Prime Music catalog.
What are the Alexa music commands to learn?
If Prime Music is the streaming music service that best suits your needs, the following are some of the Alexa music commands for Amazon Music that you should become familiar with: “Alexa, play my music,” I said.2 ‘Alexa, play ‘ 3 ‘Alexa, play ‘ 4 Tell Alexa to play the album that has the most copies sold.5 “Alexa, play” 6 “Alexa, play Prime Music for” 5 “Alexa, play”
Do you have to pay for Alexa to play music?
Getting Alexa to Play Music Linking the music services that you want to utilize with Alexa is the first step in getting Alexa to play music for you. You will need to download the Alexa app onto your mobile device in order to achieve this goal. You can get it for your Android device from Google Play, and you can get it for your iOS device from the App Store developed by Apple.
- If you already have the app installed on your smartphone, please verify that you are utilizing the most recent version of it by going to the app’s website.
- After you have connected Alexa to the services that you choose, you will have the option to set any of the applications as the default for Alexa.
The amazing thing about Alexa is that it is able to differentiate between two different default streaming providers, and this ability is dependent on the material that you wish to listen to.
How do you ask Alexa when a song came out?
‘Alexa, play Radio 4.’ Alexa will be able to locate your preferred station if it is available on TuneIn. “Alexa, when was this music originally released?” You may also ask questions about the title of the music (“What is this?”), the performer (“Who is this?”), and, if you have Amazon Prime, “Who is the main vocalist of this band?”