How To Edit The Length Of A Song?
- Philip Martin
The Step-by-Step Guide to Cutting Songs Shorter in MP3 Format
- Start up the iTunes program on your personal computer. After that, select the “Library” tab located in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Locate the MP3 file that you wish to modify and click on it. After that, right-click on it, and choose the ‘Get Info’ option.
- Simply choose the “Options” option that is located across the top of the pop-up dialogue box.
- To begin, make sure that both the “Start Time” and “Stop Time” checkboxes are selected.
How do I edit the length of an MP3?
You, as a user of a Mac, have the ability to modify the duration of any MP3 file using iTunes, which is included with your machine. You can use iTunes or one of the other free audio editors, such as Audacity or MP3 Direct Cut, if you have Windows. You may download iTunes here.
How do I edit a song on my computer?
Article Downloading Available Article Downloading Available It doesn’t matter how much you enjoy a music overall; if there’s a section of it that you don’t like, it may be really frustrating to listen to. You may quickly trim a music to fit your tastes by using today’s contemporary MP3 technology. 1 Determine where you want your song to begin and where you want it to conclude. You should listen to the music several times before beginning the editing process. Make a note of the time at which you want the music to begin playing or end playing. It is essential to get the time correct in order to avoid inadvertently chopping off too much or too little of your music.2 Select the music you wish to alter using the right mouse button, and then select “Get Info.” The button labeled “Get Info” will be located rather close to the top of the menu that appears. When you choose it, a new window or screen will appear before you. As long as you have iTunes installed, you may use this straightforward approach to trim songs on either a PC or a Mac.
- 3 Choose the tab labeled Options. On the screen titled “Get Info,” there will be a row of buttons located towards the screen’s top. To access the options, select the corresponding button.
- 4 Choose either the Start or Stop option depending on how you want the music to be cut up. Simply click the “Start” button if you want to trim the beginning of your song. Click the “Stop” button, however, if you wish to cut off the very end. When you make your selection, the box will flash blue and show a checkmark in the corner.
- You may make the song shorter by delaying when it starts, which would mean adjusting the start time.
- You may make the music shorter by adjusting the finish time such that it ends earlier. This will make the song feel shorter.
- You also have the ability to change the start and stop times separately.
5 Enter the desired time to begin playing the music or to stop it. Delete the timings that are now written in the “start” and “stop” boxes, and replace them with the times that correspond to when you want the music to begin or end.
- You would enter “3:35” in the “stop” box, for instance, if you wanted the music to end at exactly three minutes and thirty-five seconds.
- In the “start” box, enter “0:07” if the point at which you want the music to begin playing is the seventh second.
6 To save your changes, click the OK button. After making the necessary adjustments, all you need to do is click the “OK” button. The duration of the music as it is displayed on iTunes will not be altered; but, when you play the song, it will pause and resume playing at the appropriate periods.
- These modifications will also be applied to any external devices, such as your iPod or iPhone, that are linked to your copy of iTunes.
- Unchecking either the “start” or “stop” box will return the music to its original length, if that is what you choose.
7 Converting to an AAC version will ensure that your edits are kept forever. Select the music you want to modify, then go to “File” and hit the “Convert” button. Your changes will then be saved. Choose either the “Create AAC Version” or “Convert to AAC” option from the drop-down menu.
- After you have made a duplicate of the track in AAC format, you may return the original version of the track to its original length by going to the Options menu of the AAC file and unchecking the box labeled “start” or “stop.”
- The abbreviation for Advanced Audio Coding is “AAC.” It’s similar to MP3 and WAV in that it’s a format for audio files.
Advertisement 1 The song may be copied by first converting it to an AAC format. Launch iTunes and pick the music you wish to alter from the library. To convert, go to “File” and then “Convert.” Choose either “Create AAC version” or “Convert to AAC” from the drop-down menu. You will receive an identical duplicate of the music if you do this.
- You could want to rename the new copy of the music so that there is no room for misunderstanding. Use your right mouse button to select “Get Info,” then select the “Info” tab afterward. In the space designated for “Name,” insert the title of the song, then type “Part 1.”
- Using this method, you will end up with two separate copies of the music. You are going to cut the first such that it starts playing from the very beginning all the way up to the section that you do not want. You will cut the second one so that it begins at the end of the chosen segment and continues until the finish of the song, and then you will join the two halves using a blank CD.
- As long as you have iTunes installed on your computer, you may utilize this approach on either a PC or a Mac.
2 Stop copying the music at the point where you wish to delete the section. After right-clicking the new copy of the music, select “Get Info” and then “Options” from the menu that appears. Click “Stop,” then type in the time when the unwanted portion of the video began playing. Select the OK button.
- For instance, if you wish to maintain the beginning of a song up until 1:14, you would pick “Stop” and type “1:14” in the text box. This would preserve the beginning of the music until the specified time.
- It is possible that you may need to listen to the music more than once in order to pinpoint the exact moment at which the song should end. Take note of the precise time stamp at which the unwanted segment of the recording starts playing.
3 Create an additional AAC version so that you may keep the truncated version. Click the “part 1” button on your song’s interface to save these modifications for good. Repeat the process of making a new AAC version by selecting “File,” followed by “Convert,” and finally deciding to use the AAC format. If you want to prevent misunderstanding once more, rename the new AAC version of your music to include the name of the song, followed by “Part 1 – AAC,” or whatever else is most practical.
- 4 Recopy the entire music, this time using the AAC format after the conversion. You should create an AAC duplicate of the song using the original version of the song and then save it. If it would help you keep track, rename that copy with the name of the song followed by the word “Part 2.”
- 5 Rearrange the commencement of the song so that it begins after the unwanted segment has finished playing. After right-clicking the new copy of the music, select “Get Info” and “Options” from the menu that appears. Mark the “Start” checkbox, and then enter the time at which the unwanted segment of the video will conclude. Select the OK button.
If the segment you wish to cut begins at 1:14 and continues until 1:50, for instance, you would adjust the beginning time of this AAC version so that it begins at 1:50. 6 To save the second part of the music, you should change it so that it is an AAC file. Select the modified portion 2 of the music, then make an AAC duplicate of it. This will ensure that the modifications you made are retained permanently. This will be the final copy that you make using the AAC format! You should rename this final file with the name of the song followed by “Part 2 – AAC version,” or any other term that will help you differentiate it.7 Simply drag each segment of the song into their respective playlists to listen to it. You have the option of naming the playlist after the song’s title and followed by the words “Edited version,” or you can just leave the name blank.8 Copy the playlist onto an empty CD and burn it. Put an empty CD into the CD drive on your computer. After choosing your playlist, navigate to the “File” menu and select “Burn Playlist to Disc.” Find the pop-up option labeled “Gap Between Songs,” and then pick “none” from it.
- Burning the CD will generally take between one and two minutes. When it is done, a bell will blast off in your direction.
- Eject the CD after it’s done burning.
- If you don’t want to throw away a conventional CD, you can also use a CD-RW, which gives you the ability to burn the music, delete it after you’re done, and then re-burn it with fresh songs. This saves you from having to buy a new CD.
- 9 Put the CD back into the disc drive and try playing it again. Hold off on playing the CD until the computer detects it. If a pop-up box displays asking whether or not you would like to import the CD, select “No” from the menu.
- 10 Choose both tracks, then connect them together using the CD track option in iTunes. After highlighting both tracks on the CD, select “Options” in the menu that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the iTunes window. Choose the “Join CD Tracks” option.
- On the screen, you should be able to make out a thin line that connects the two different tracks.
- You have successfully combined the two sections into a single continuous path at this point.
11 Import the CD into your computer so that the song may be played on your iTunes. To import a CD into iTunes, go to the top right corner of the screen and choose “Import CD.” After the CD has been imported, you may then eject it.
- You are free to give the newly combined track whatever name you choose, however it will be given the name of the album it originally appeared on.
- Take a listen to the song. It is recommended that the portion of the song that is not wanted be eliminated entirely.
- You may now delete any and all copies of the original music that you created earlier in the process.
- 1 If you have a Mac, you should edit using GarageBand. The music editing program known as GarageBand is incredibly user-friendly, but it is only compatible with Mac machines. Continue reading if you own a PC and want to learn how to utilize editing software that was not developed by Microsoft.
- 2 Bring the track into GarageBand by importing it. Launch GarageBand and select “Empty Project” from the menu. When the “Choose a Track Type” window appears, select the alternative that include a microphone, and then click the Create button. Click the “media” button that is located in the upper right hand corner of the GarageBand screen. Locate the music you want to listen to under iTunes, and then drag it onto your dashboard.
- On the media button are depictions of a film strip, a camera, and a musical note.
- You may alternatively launch iTunes, then open the music you want to play on your dashboard by dragging it from the iTunes window.
3 Move the playhead to the beginning of the segment you wish to delete. You may clip off a segment of the music you’re editing by clicking on the song itself and dragging the playhead to that part of the song. Listen to the music several times in its entirety so that you can pinpoint the exact spot where you want to make the cut.4 To cut the clip in half, press the Command and T keys simultaneously. Simply pressing the Command key together with the T key will shut the song off at that moment. This will result in the music being divided into two distinct segments. If you wish to dissociate a hidden track from the main song to which it is related, this is a fantastic choice that you may make. 5 Delete one of the clips by selecting it and then clicking the Delete key on your keyboard. If you want to get rid of one of the clips, all you have to do is select it with your mouse and then click the Delete key on your keyboard. To highlight a portion of the footage, click on it and then drag the pointer across it. 6 You may save the footage by sharing it to iTunes. After making your selection, go to the top menu of your screen and pick the “Share” option. Choose “Add Song to iTunes” from the menu. If you wish to change the song’s title, artist, or any of the other information associated with it, a pop-up box will appear allowing you to do so.
- To add the music to iTunes, select the “Share” option from the menu.
- It is not necessary for you to alter the song’s quality or choose a specific playlist in order to add it to one of those.
- Advertisement 1.
- If you have a PC, use the WavePad program.
- Even if you use a PC and do not have iTunes, you may still trim your music by downloading software from a third-party developer.
WavePad is a well-known and user-friendly piece of editing software that makes it simple to carry out a variety of activities, such as chopping up a music.
- You are free to conduct your own study in order to choose which curriculum caters to your requirements the most effectively. Do an internet search for “audio editing software” and check what additional solutions are listed as being downloadable.
- WavePad is also compatible with computers that use the Mac operating system, however it is possible that using applications like iTunes and GarageBand, which are pre-installed on Macs, will be more convenient.
2 WavePad is available for download online. WavePad offers free software for audio editing, which may be obtained by going to the company’s website and clicking the red “Download Mac” or “Download PC” button. You also have the option of purchasing the “master’s edition” or the professional version for a price.
- 3 Launch WavePad and open the file containing your music. Launch the “File” tab that may be found near the top of the WavePad window. After selecting the music you wish to alter, click the “Open File” button.
- 4 Put the cursor on the spot where you want to make the cut on the document. To get the long red cursor line to the point where you want to begin cutting, you may use your mouse to drag it until it gets there.
Listen to the music several times in its entirety before making any cuts to ensure that you are doing it at the appropriate moment. Make a note of the current time.
- 5 Go to the Edit menu, then select the Split tool from the drop-down menu. While the red playback line is still visible, navigate to the “Edit” tab and then click the “Split” button on that tab’s toolbar. You will be presented with a condensed list of the available split possibilities to select from.
- 6 Select the Split at Cursor menu option. Simply clicking on the “Split at cursor” option is the quickest and easiest way to divide up your music. The music will immediately divide into two sections, with the division occurring at the place where your pointer was last located.
Your music has been segmented into 2 individual files at this point. 7 Save your updated files to ensure that the modifications will not be lost. Your split files will not be automatically saved, thus it is imperative that you save them manually if you wish for the modifications to be retained. You can save the clip(s) you desire by highlighting them, then going to the “Home” tab and clicking the “Save File” button.
- Question What music editing program do you recommend I use? This response was prepared by a member of our skilled research team, and they double checked it to ensure that it is accurate and covers all the bases. Staff Answer from the wikiHow Editor Staff
- Question How do I chop up and combine different songs? This response was prepared by a member of our skilled research team, and they double checked it to ensure that it is accurate and covers all the bases. Staff Answer from the wikiHow Editor Staff
- Question How can you create a remix on your phone using two different songs? This response was prepared by a member of our skilled research team, and they double checked it to ensure that it is accurate and covers all the bases. Staff Answer from the wikiHow Editor Staff
Put It Into Words! Still available, 200 characters Include your your address to receive a notification when a response is made to this query. Submit Advertisement
- You may also chop a music using a website that is hosted by a third party. Conduct an internet search for websites that edit songs and select one of them that enables you to upload your track and alter it directly on the website. Caution is advised
- only utilize websites that appear to be authentic and do not have a large number of pop-up windows or adverts.
- There are other applications that can trim songs to certain lengths. Locate an application that enables you to clip and crop songs, then download it from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
We appreciate you sending in a suggestion for our consideration. Advertisement